ZD has voted...




A few hours after my mail-in ballot was dropped at the main post office, I was channel surfing and came upon a West Wing marathon. Instantly, a big smile came across my face. Probably my favorite TV show ever, I realized that my real fondness for politics was based largely on Aaron Sorkin's wonderful environment. Not a campaigner or sign stumper but more as one who can appreciate a fine wine or a bottle of Thunderbird, whatever it takes. With SNL as a close runner-up, today has been a wonderful reminder of not only how lucky we are to live in this great country. Hard to believe it will all be over soon but there is always hope that campaigning will start for 2012 in January.

Lines in Atlanta, Georgia were up to 10 hours long on Friday - can't remember elelction where this was the case. Everyone has an opinion and apparently are willing to stand in line to express it. Locally, last week there have been people in line before the polls were opened. Expecting more of the same tomorrow.

I am so going to miss these SNL skits. I think it is where SNL has always done its best work. After my WW infusion and later this skit, it was a delight to vote in this election. I hope you all feel the same. However this all ends, we will always remember, the way we were...