the ups and downs of work...



DH and I had the opportunity to attend a retirement party for a long time friend of ours.I loved being able to help say, Good Luck but also to see many people that I grew up with.

Never have or had any desire to attend a high school reunion, this is not the case with those I worked with almost 40 years ago - those who I grew up with. I started at 17, the rest of the crew, no older than 25. I apologized to more than one that night about having to put up with my horrendous behavior. I saw bosses I haven't seen in 30 some years and it was just as if no time had passed. There was a lot of Love going around the room that night and I am so glad my invitation came in the mail.

Today, we waited to find out if my SIL would still be employed tomorrow. By noon, we knew he was ok - some of his managers were not so lucky. Later in the afternoon, DD would find out that her friend's husband lost his job today. How ironic. A sign of the times? Perhaps. Not sure that her generation will ever have the opportunity to know someone they have worked with for 40 years, no less party with them.

These are unprecedented times but I got to tell you if you have a chance to see a grown man in a graduation cap/gown and a Speedo ( It's a long Story, jump in. It will be quite a Ride...