music...

iTunes has changed our lives - not just the music but how we think about it. A greater invention has never been made although those a generation before may have a legitimate argument with toilet paper. Buy before you try...in your own home, I just never saw it coming and with iTunes, came a whole new music experience. When American Idol began, I think you would be hard pressed to find more than 5 people who imagined it would go on for a secend season and look where we are. I woke up yesterday morning and somehow knew it was going to end. I thought about last year's contest when Simon all but out the crown on David Archuleta and America said no, David Cook. America is fickle and this year there were so many ways it could have gone. I read this morning that Chris hoped he didn't win because of the christian vote. Had also read that the thought was since Prez Obama defied all odds that America was ready for a gay Idol. In the end, we all win. I have always said that winning Idol may not be the best thing and I still believe it. I don't think best singers win - America has a bad ear at best and fast fingers and unlimited texting at worse. Last night's show was a treasure trove of music at its best and I hope iTunes has a bunch of stuff to sell me tomorrow. If you like music and you don't have an iPod, please get one. even if you don't love music - download your pastor's sermons or listen to The Shack. I found this video this week and have moved my iTunes library to a thumbdrive. Not only is it safe but I can take it anywhere. I ahve enough room on my computer but if I didn't, this would be ideal. We really don't need all the major conveniences that are thrown at us everyday but this one, fits all. And, can I say that with almost 1 million votes cast for the final Idol, those who counted them did so in less than 24 hours. Seem to me that perhaps our voting system should be outsourced to these people. They certainly have it going on. Have a great Memorial Day weekend. See you Tuesday...love zalaine