welcome to Wonderland...



Over the last week, it has occurred to me that I may have an upside-down life. It started out so bad, so horrible. Hard to imagine a child living through it no less, being somewhat able to function. However, I am thinking this may give me an edge, now. I understand that when one is deprived of a childhood, they will make it up somehow, someway given enough time. Mine came in the form of growing up with my grandchildren. Didn't understand it at first but now, it makes perfect sense. Missing some childhood steps is a big deal - doesn't seem like it would necessarily be but now, I think it is a vital stage that has to be taken, one way or another.

I don't know if this is true but I am starting to believe that because the hard stuff came first, then I got a taste of the good stuff - that when the bad stuff does come, somehow I might be better equipped. When I look back at my life, I am simply amazed. I have always said that God made up for the first 20 years with the second 20 years but it has just gotten better and better the last 17 years. To be able to go back and pick up those life puzzle pieces I missed with three of the greatest little people ever, is something I never saw coming. Welcome to Wonderland, they said. I had no idea...