reassurance...



We have all experienced times when we wanted to know that we were doing the right thing. We wanted concrete evidence of what to do and how to do it. A postcard in the mail or a letter dropping from the sky - whatever just so we get an answer. I imagine there will always be these times and we just have to deal with it.

To live means you will never have all the answers. Even with the answers, we still have the choice to do something else and sometimes, we do. It wouldn't work to be reassured that every move was choreographed by One greater than ourselves - it would be a different kind of living. Had things gone better in the Garden, we wouldn't be here but we are and we just have to deal with it.

I don't need constant reassurance but every once in a while - I would love not to think and just have the answer, ready to go. The rest of the time, I am good with doing the best I can and taking my licks for the rest.

It is what it is. We are what we are and God is who He is. That is enough reassurance for me...