unexpected...



A very happy day for all of us. Great sermon, wonderful lunch and many hugs and kisses. From here, we head to graduations and Memorial Day and the end of the school year.

It is certainly the circle of life lived out in the familiar. We know what to expect and take much comfort in it. We like knowing what comes next even though intellectually we understand that life doesn't work that way, most of the time. Still we have a Plan if the unexpected doesn't come knocking. So much to think about, to do and to change - some times, big time changes. Not a lot on my plate but that is not factoring in the unexpected. Just like the email I received today:

"HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU MY AMAZING FRIEND!!! I hope you have the best mommy's day yet! Thank you for being there when I was growing up and didn't know which end was up. I remember many heart to heart talks with you and I cherish them all and always will. You made a lasting impression on me. I love you like a second mommy.
Thank you for teaching me how to make the most kick butt salsa known to man and for teaching me by example that its okay to move the furniture around more than two times a year. You make the meanest Shepherds Pie and I wish I had some right now. Thanks for always supporting me and for being my biggest fan. You are a star in my eyes. *
I love you and miss you!!~Tomorrow I will have a coke and some chocolate in your honor.


The things they remember. You don't even think they are paying attention but they are. Even long after they are grown with their own children. Makes you stop and think..and maybe shed a few tears. The unexpected isn't always bad, sometimes it is quite the opposite...