fracture...



I come from a crazy family. There are cousins, multiple aunts and a family that just doesn't know each other. From what I so know, most of the cousins had a lifestyle similar to mine so survival was about all they could handle. There was one cousin, my uncles first wife who I remember spending a lot of time with. It is where someone pointed out Frank Sinatra, sitting a the bar in the family restaurant in Palm Springs but I had no interest as we were on the way to the kitchen to pick our dinner for that night.

Facebook. In the last six months, I have searched for a few cousins. Have found a few but after much though, decided not to go down that rabbit roll. Influenced by their FB page, ok, scared by their page. Sometimes is it time to just move on.

Last night, my first cousin came to mind. She has an unusual first and middle name but FB found her in a nano second. As I looked at her photos, saw how happy she was and the lack of our family name, I did not send a friend request. I couldn't. Her mother is still alive and she was a fabulous aunt, I would have like to let her know that I appreciated everything she did for my sister and me but not sure, that would be best for her.

But... just because you can doesn't mean you should. I don't remember how the marriage ended and we never saw either cousin or aunt again. There were rumors that Grandma got to visit and sent gifts for SS birthday and Christmas. Maybe she deson't remember her day, surely not us and opening up that can of worms is just not right. I got to see her happy. beautiful smiling face. She is so beautiful. She looks like her dad. I hope she and her mother made a new life and have been very happy. Sometimes, love means never having to say, a word...