men...



Last Friday, I stopped at Paul's to get some donuts before going yard saling. It was still early and the store was filled with men. They were lined up to get donuts but when I went to check out, there were five of them in front of me. With only one checkout person, there was nothing to do but wait.

I have this theory about men and standing in line behind them. It is not positive. As I stood there wishing that Someone should grab a mike and call for back up which the lone lady cashier never did do, I hoped my iconic notion was archaic. In that split second, I imagined that men had evolved over the years and that my theory would go right out the front door. As I continued to stand there, it was harder to be chipper and upbeat.

I should also tell you that each man only had one item. The first man didn't even get his walled out of his back pocket until the nice cashier lady gave him is lone item in a small plastic bag. EVERYONE KNOWS you get your wallet out way sooner. There is check out etiquette but somehow, this guy had never got the memo. My eyes are starting to roll back in my head, hope it is not too obvious. Man 2 and 3 take equally as long but that is because they are chatting it up with the pretty lady. I don't even remember Man 4 and 5. I had completely checked out by then to save what daily sanity I had left.

As I relayed this Story to the nice, older salesperson at JC Penney's today, she wholeheartedly agreed. She said men can't multi task. I told her I would be happy with just a single task. She thanked me for the conversation, said it made her day.

Men, we love ya but you are killing us. A slow, painful death. Swell plan but we are catching on and it has already been proved that we are better in the long haul. Good luck!