paying attention...



So... I am in the return line at Costco and this nice CS 30 ish woman starts doing the paperwork and Something about the receipt made her remark to me, You are very lucky. You should buy a lottery ticket. I smiled like we all do. I have never bought a lottery ticket, ever. Something about losing a lot of money in high school when going to the race track with uncle who assured me, it was a done deal.

She finished the return and for a second time, told me to buy a lottery ticket today. And then she stopped, looked right at me and said, buy it from a gas station off the freeway. She said she didn't know why she she gave me those precise instructions. I knew at that Moment, for whatever reason, I would be buying my first lottery ticket ever, in a few minutes. We got on the freeway and got off at the first exit because there was a gas station, right there. Went in, asked how much a ticket costs - $1, I was told. Grabbed some drinks and off we went, about the rest of our day.

The ticket is on my bulletin board now. Must say, it made for some great conversations this afternoon. DH and I were on the same page on some things. Give the house away to someone, trusts for the gk and a nice cash payment for the ladies at Costco and Jackson's.

I don't expect to win the lottery, whenever they pick the numbers. I expect that this was just practice to see if I was paying attention. While winning anything would be fabulous, the idea of paying attention means as much if not more. The more one practices living in the Moment, the more one is aware. Paying attention may be the best gift you can give yourself. Buying your lottery ticket at 59 3/4 is an adventure I wouldn't have missed for the world!