hip, insta and all the other matics...



And as I import our pictures, from both Travis and me, I notice the percentage shifting each month. More and more iPhone photos, fewer and fewer images taken with the DSLR.

And yet I wonder: Will we one day regret this? Will I look back at this time in my life and wish I had more pictures that showed the scenes from my life realistically, rather than transformed into some ethereal, filtered version of my life? Will we all collectively look back at this trend the way we now look at the days of cutting photos into stars, hearts, and other cutesy, outdated shapes in scrapbooking?

Trends scare me. Because they depart as quickly as they arrived, and if you embrace the wrong one too strongly, you end up looking foolish.
Angie Lucas.

Angie blogged what I have been thinking for some time. Years from now, will a photobook filled with unfocused, over filtered, sometime unrecognizable photos - seem like a great idea?

While the matics I take are solely on my iPad, I have saved none. I have saved many photos after using some of my favorite photo apps. There are some killers out there and more coming, everyday. Loving the photobooth ones and with a quick edit, you can get some nice saves. She goes on to say,

I tend to value the real. The authentic.

I hear ya Girl.
I want every photo to have the best shot at being loved.
I want every photo to tell an easy to understand, Story.

It is same for Real Life. You have to decided - you can't do everything. I imagine that TMobile ever starts carrying the iPhone, I will load it with the matics but you can be sure, there will always, always be a G-Something in my purse. Compromise is in the eye of the beholder...