2am...




I have never felt anything like this...

The minute he said that, I knew it was a kidney stone. He had never had one, I have.

When he finally decided that I may be right, we headed to the hospital. Good thing we only live a few miles away and a better thing that the ER was quiet. It is usually not. Saturday night is the big Party Night in any town, and ours is no different. The pace would pick up in a few hours but for now, he got his 2 hits of morphine and waited to be taken for a CT scan. Later, the scan would confirm what me, and the nurse already knew. A couple of kidney stones and a infection to boot.

In between all the tests, I amused myself listening to the staff talk about how quiet is was. Very unusual, they kept telling me. A bit later, the phone rang and it was the hospital down the road that had seen 8 assaults so far. They also had a guy who ran out of the ER gushing blood and told this ER, if he showed up, call 911.

Later on, a man came in who had 2nd degree burns when he got hit with hot oil. My ears perked up because DH sister company in our town, is the only place that he couldn't have come from. DH heard them and when his nurse came back, he ask his name. This man of mine has obviously never heard of HIPAA and she told him if she told him, she would have to kill him. Loved her.

By a little after 7AM, we had hit the all night pharmacy and were home. Still nauseated, he took all his pills and hit the sheets. I stayed up a while to reflect on the night. You never know what will happen, you never know where you might go. For most of life, you do not get a heads up. Wish it was so. New day, new experiences. Hopefully, today's fare will be a bit more fun...