learning by history...





If you do Something enough times, a history starts to form. You start to make decisions based on that history. There may some variation but history tells us there is a baseline that sets up the learning truth.

Have made many decision, positive and negative based on history. Things I will and won't do. Once you know what is, you can decide how to respond. Even if it is not a good thing, having all the knowledge up front gives you the chance to decide if you are willing to take a risk or not.

Because of history, I have made decisions about family that have not been easy to make. Family may be the toughest because saying no, always, always brings repercussions and you have to decide if you are ready and willing to take on that kind of drama. I have learned to say no because of family history and there has been fallout but in not one of these situations, would I have done it any differently, given a another chance.

I love the fact that tomorrow is another day, that life may be a bit sweeter tomorrow and that I can lay my head on the pillow, knowing I made the best choice I could have made with the information I had. There is a Time and Place for warm fuzzies, and Sometimes with family, they are few and far inbetween...