dear Keaton...



We had just finished celebrating your 2nd birthday. It was a Tuesday, Grandma's Sue Tuesday, to have you. I was home, Poppa had one of those early morning shifts. Hadn't been to bed all night so when he got home about, 7am. so we both headed to bed., exhausted.

The phone rang just before 9am. It is Auntie Mel, Turn your TV on, she says. I do. The rest is history.

I remember holding you closer the next day, mommy and daddy off to work, back to just you and me. I remember thinking how this might affect you, Down the Road. Here we are, 10 years later. You now, know the Story. While you were not affected directly the way so many were, there are things you now take for granted because they have always been a part of your life.

You will never know what it is like to wait for someone at the airport gate and wave a big welcome sign for them as they get off the plane.

911, takes on a new meaning.

It define a generation, and you will want to know eventually, what your definition will look like.

It doesn't seem like 10 years ago. For you or 911 but for each of us, that day changed us forever. I fear for the 911 of your generation. Just because of technology, it would have to make ours, look like child's play. I pray that it would pass you and yours by but I know better.

When you study other unimaginable events, keep in mind, man has always been capable of anything. Don't confuse evil with God. Someday, we can ask all the questions we want but for now, we need to understand that this side of heaven, there will no peace and we will have more events like these, God help us.

This commercial, done by Budweiser, was shown only once. In tribute, not as a commercial money maker. This, my wonderful boy, is what it is all about.

We talked a bit about 911 last night on the way to the Shakespeace performance. I asked it you were taught about 911 at school. You said not much, but you have read a lot on your own. We went on to discuss being taught evolution in school to which your response was, God's version is less complicated and makes more sense. I smiled.

A few weeks ago, we were sitting at your dining room table and for no apparent reason, you looked straight at me and said, Real Men love Jesus. You said you read it on a bumper sticker. Don't forget it son, it will help on days like today...love to infinity and beyond, nana.