The roar of the crowd......




Nothing quite like a day of tailgating at a college football game. New experience but with 90 degree weather that lasted well into the evening, it was crazy good. The people watching, good food, a sea of blue and orange and what appears to be the friendliest people in the world. Almost 7 hours of doing not much of anything and not feeling guilty.

As the sun started to set and with our team in little danger of falling behind, the nice man next to us, shared his TV and those of us who chose to hang around our home away from home, still got to see our team, do what they do best. This time, with roar.

Since my football experience so far, has only been taught by TV, the roar of the crowd was Something I didn't see coming. The first time I heard it, I could feel myself just getting the Fever. Now I understand. It is one place where the crowd mentality is a Wonderful thing. Every time the roar came, all I could do was smile, I couldn't help myself. Those combined voices, in a football frenzied unison, can do what less than 20,000 people, can not. If it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a stadium full of people to roar the roar.

In a month when the weather turns bitter cold, not sure...ok, pretty sure, my romantic feelings would not survive, but for that crowd, they are die hard fans and that is exactly what makes the roar. Those dedicated to their team, no matter what...