growing like a weed...



My neighbor's yard. When you come out my front door and look immediately to your right, this is what you see. It didn't look like this, the beginning of summer but it mirrors his life. In fact, it is perfect for him, right now.

By no means is my yard, weed free. There is Morning Glory growing in one of my little rock gardens. It borders my neighbor's and his MG has now, jumped the imaginary property line with disastrous results, for me.

Once a week I go out when I check the mail and clear out the pesky plants on my side. Can't spray weed killer because he has a little bush, right on the property line. There is no Place where his plants and my plants are separate. It is all one big mess. Pulling his is an option that would take a big commitment as it has had all summer to grow, and is everywhere. I know what his summer has been like, there is no energy or value in weed pulling.

Do we have weeds in our lives? And if we do, do we notice them before they get completely out of control? Like an unattended yard, does life have to be great and happy for us to notice them? I have watched this particular weed all summer. From a distraction to watching it wrap itself around and try to strangle the life out of a plastic hose holder.

Think it is safe to say that most of the time, when there are overgrown weeds - there is something going on. Something not quite right. Something that says, I don't care and that, the feeling is growing like a weed. If you live next door to them, just keep the faith that there is hope for them ...