soy sauce...



It has always been this way. I could eat Mexican food every night, DH would choose Chinese. Chinese is ok, but there was always Something about it that made me hold back.

DH has been perfecting his cooking skills and I want to help him as much as possible, Unfortunately for me, he is all about the Chinese thing. He got himself a wok, a few cookbooks but mainly has been figuring out his own thing. After trying to like and encourage his new-found hobby, my enthusiasm has been less than honest. Tonight, that all changed.

He started to make my meal and as I watched him gather his ingredients, I spotted the soy sauce. Please make mine without the soy sauce, I asked. In the midst of his sea of bottles and jars, that one stuck out. I never use soy sauce, never liked the smell. Would soon discover, I didn't like the taste.

I had the best Chinese meal I have ever had tonight. The only wrong with it was that it was gone too soon. I could eat the meal I had tonight, every night. One change made a mountain of difference.

In light of changing one thing, the natural progression that occured to me was, what other soy sauces are in my life? By making one change, what could go to whatever to stunning? Are we able to pick them out or do we just have to be brave and stumble upon them. Wish it weren't so but I believe it is the later. Getting ready to be open to more stumbling...