hearing...


In a class last week and heard a few Somethings that set me off and it has taken a few days to dissolve the anger.

We all have buzz words that catch our attention, good and bad. The good ones just repurpose what we always know and love. One walks away, feeling all is right with the world, that we aren't crazy and that the sun might just come out tomorrow. The bad ones, bring a whole different set of feelings.

Walked away from class, with a chip on my shoulder and ready to set the speaker straight. After a few days and lots and lots of thinking, it occured to me that any constructive criticism or debate, was not worth the fight. Sometimes, I am not so great at picking my battles. There are some things that we have to hear and learn to dismiss and Someday, ignore.

Combine those triggers with your own personal history, it may be you. What someone means and what they say, can be two completely different things. Our emotions and interpretations are just that, they are ours and ours alone. I bounced off my thoughts to DH and he brought some clarity to my thinking, which just proved my point.

We are all only a boatload away from a heap of trouble when we try to save the world. Poppa, Keaton and I had a great discussion a few weeks ago about superheros. Who they are, what each of the powers are - a fascinating conversation. We talked about what superpower we would each most like to have. I choose invisiblility. To be a fly on the wall, it is the introvert in me that would make this, fabulous. If you would ask me the same questions this week, it would be that those bad triggers would run off me, like wet on a duck. Now that, would be pretty darn super...