introvert...


shy
1.Easily frightened.
2.Reserved; coy; disinclined to familiar approach.
3.Cautious; wary; suspicious.
4.Embarrassed.


introvert
1.Possessing the characteristic property of an introvert. Preferring the internal, satisfied with self, lacking interest or comfort in social interactions.


anti social
1.Unwilling or unable to associate normally with other people
2.antagonistic, hostile, or unfriendly toward others; menacing
3.Opposed to social order or the principles of society; hostile toward society.


I have taken all the tests, (like I needed to) and the results are always the same. Am more comfortable with a few people than at a party. Need lots of quiet time. All true. Do not fit the doesn't like confrontation ideal but we are all a little bit of everything. This article from Bryan Walsh in Time magazine, felt like I was home.

I'm in the bathroom of the American Embassy in Tokyo and I can't leave. Somewhere in the elegnant rooms beyond, the ambassador is holding his annual holiday party. Diplomats from around the world, U.S. military personnel and reporters are mingling, sipping Champagne and picking at hors d'oeuvres. As the Time's Toyko bureau chief,I should be there, trolling for gossip or mining potential sources.

And for 20 minutes or so after arriving, despite the usual nerves, I did just that.But small talk with stiff-backed strangers,...Send me to a famine or a flood and I'm comfortable A few rounds of the room at a scoial event, however, leave me exhausted. So now and then, I retreat into the solitude of the bathroom, watching the minutes tick by until I've recovered enough to go back out there...


DH thinks I trend toward anti-social and I think we all do, from time to time. Not related to introverts and excluded from the extrovert side. We all go through times when we would love to line up our fellow man and slap the youknowwhat out of them. Mr Walsh goes on to talk about it is an extrovert world, tough at times for an introvert to navigate. The quiet kid is strongly encouraged to, Get Involved. There is nothing wrong with stretching outside your comfort zone all the while, acknowledging that these personalities are part of our DNA.

Be true to who you are ,but spread your wings a bit. Learn to recognize and be comfortable with who you are but never, ever stop being a student. The more we learn the better our lives...