parable...


A parable is a succinct story, in prose or verse, which illustrates one or more instructive principles, or lessons, or (sometimes) a normative principle. It differs from a fable in that fables use animals, plants, inanimate objects, and forces of nature as characters, while parables generally feature human characters. It is a type of analogy. Wikipedia.

I want to write a parable this year. Not sure what it will look like but this description gives me a place to start.

I didn't know what a parable was until I was a Big Girl. Reading bible stories, I started to get a bit excited at these stories that said so much but weren't true or real. They made sense, made a point and always made you walk away, with something you could sink your teeth into. Food for thought, if you will.

Maybe Kryptonite. Wow, what would that look like. Wouldn't have to look far for a person to fit that bill. Maybe something to remind me that I am human when I have forgotten which happens often. The more street photography I do , the more I empathy I feel with my fellow man. Still blown away by some people's normal, I find myself bouncing back soon and not emotionally, staggering around the room.

Isn't the what Jesus was trying to say in his parables? Whether about fields of crops. or wages or more to eat and drink, these were not feel good Stories where everything was right in the end. The prodigal son may be my favorite. It has more drama that most TV shows now. Unfairness, brother against brother, pigs and slop - the things we love to see on reality shows but now so much in our real lives. Think inspiration is coming...