Oh my God...


At our house, we don't say, Oh my God, as an adjective for all Things That Make Us Crazy. Our grandchildren have been taught it is a form of taking the Lord's name in vain. You can say other words and it is highly suggested, that they do.
We don't say it lightly or often but when we do this is what we mean. Here is the absolute best argument I have heard on the correct usage of these three words.

Never“When people see my images a lot of times they will say ‘Oh my God.’ Have you ever wondered what that meant? The ‘oh means it caught your attention, it makes you present, it makes you mindful. The ‘my’ means it connects with something deep inside your soul, it creates a gateway for your inner voice to rise up and be heard. And God, ‘God’ is that personal journey we all want to be on, to be inspired, to feel like we are connected to a universe that celebrates life.” thought of it this way. Louie Schwartzberg.

Whatever your feelings about those three words, remember this. It might just make your day!