Thankful...


We tell each other that we are on vacation, everyday. Retirement seems like something that our parents would be doing if they were alive. Still had to believe that were have been married for almost 41 years, that is until we look in the mirror.

I don't know when the wrinkles started or when they became so pronounced. I feel much younger until I see myself, then reality sets in. This photo is going on a blanket for a Christmas gift. Hoping I look better on fabric than on paper.

The feeling that you are younger on the inside than the outside is one that is universal to all of us. We still feel events of life at the age we experienced them. That is why we know every word of the music of our youth. They are all there for the taking, and when the radio starts playing, I am in jr high all over again. The Beach Boys take me back to being 16 and having a driver license and free to go however far the gas I could afford, would take me. The year I found out the truth about Santa, still feels like it did that Christmas morning.

These vacation days, are our new normal. We can take a picture, see a movie or stay home. We can go to the store whenever we want, and see our family whenever they are home. No more missed holidays and on those days we need to rock out, their is no lines or waiting. Let the music go...