paths...




The last few days, I have found finding myself strangely attracted to non-human photos. Ok, but this lady seemed oblivious to the people who were walking by her. I had to capture her being able to be in her Moment while the rest of the world was doing their thing.


Our photography field trip started out with no plan. It was my job to decide where, which I failed miserably at. On our last trip, we decided to go where there were lots of people to shoot. We needed some models that we didn't have to bribe or drag with us. We thought the people of Downtown would fit that bill nicely but as today's trip started to unfold, people didn't seem to fit where we were Today. We headed back to where I had taken Brandi's pictures on Tuesday and thought we would scout it out for family shoots. It turns out that the is our place of choice for family shots - now if we can get the Family there.


As we walked around, there were no people around. I found myself loving the flower and water shots. After a while, we went across the street to the second park and there were more people than nature. Nothing much to look at so we headed to the third park. Again not much to look at but this rose garden. I have gone past it many, many times. Never stopped, never saw a reason too. Roses are everywhere and when you put so many of them together - it is almost too much - like you are the middle of a victorian tea ( which I would totally RUN AWAY from) but we walked around and got some nice, tight shots. I tried to concentrate on being in the Moment and not LOOK for people and for the most part was successful. There were a couple of young women who had parked themselves right in front of a rose bush in the shade and they had their sketch books and watercolor pencils out. I was immediately drawn to them and started snapped away.


So here's my deal. I want to live a balanced life and I want to be immediately drawn to where I need to be. I want to see what I need to see whether anyone else can see it or not. I want to be aware of my surroundings but be ready to go in a second. For my whole God life, I have been told that He has a plan for my life. My life - each of us does and they are not the same. You may be with me when my path becomes apparent but you may not even notice the difference.


I walked down a lot of paths today. They were all beautiful. They would all be perfect for me but there is only one I really need to worry about and that is the One meant for me. I may have to walk down Many to find mine but that is part of the Process. May you find your path, your way, the One that is waiting just for you.