a whole new world...

Some things never change. Our zoo, for sure. They added a butterfly exhibit and managed to rangle a red panda but pretty much it is the same zoo as when my girl was little. I smiled to myself when I heard the family behind me wondered which direction the elephants might be. Oh, I hope they weren't counting too much on seeing any pachydermy - but kids, they are thrilled to death because not only are there monkeys and penguins but cheeseburgers and ice cream!

It is nice to have some stability in the world around us. Thirty four years ago today, I had a busy morning. I started having labor pains about 1030PM the night before and by 1230AM, I was on my way to the hospital. By 250AM, my little princess made her way into the world. There were no grams back then and the doctor swore it was a boy throughout the whole pregnancy. When I got to the hospital the day before ( my water broke and then sent me home until labor pains began), there was an issue abut how many babies I might be having. The nurse with much experience swore we were having triplets -she heard three distinct heartbeats and the doctor didn't want any surprises in the delivery room. For a good hour, most of us involved were in tears. It would have been the first set of triplets every born in that hospital. They finally ruled out triplets so we were good to go.

It was a whole new world being a mommy and now some 30 ish years later, a whole new world has taken on a different meaning. The internet, terrorism and catching predators is our world now. She has grown up and is a mommy herself now but she will always be my little one. Happy Birthday Little Girl - I LOVE YA! Some things you can always count on, like a mommy's love and our little zoo.