the Time of my life...


I am 55 years and 192 days old. I don't know why I had to do the math today but I did. There are things that have not happened to me in all those days and now, many of them are not possible ever again in this life. As a friend was having surgery today, I realized I would never have a diagnosis of breast cancer as a young woman. Funny how praying for someone else can bring up issues in one's own life.

I have gone through this list before. Many times - Fears that dogged me as a young woman...

I will never be a young widow.
I have danced at my daughter's wedding.
I have lived to be older than my mother.

When you put it all together, I have had the Time of my Life. If it ends tomorrow, I feel like I am rich beyond measure. That is how I truly feel - I am so grateful for every day from now on.

On the off chance that I live pass tomorrow, there are so many things to look forward to. Saturday morning before I went to the funeral, I found this video on You Tube. Thanks James and Julie for sharing your Dance with us. Not only is one of my favorite songs and I realize why- it is my Love Song to Jesus. BTW, I identify with the dancing babe in the blue skirt, she ROCKS. To the Powers that be - feel free to play this at my funeral. The bad and the good, all of it. I wouldn't change a minute of it. Not one minute...

I searched through every open door
until I found, the Truth
and I owe it all to You...