touch...



Week three of my online class brought the theme of touch. I don't think I understood how important touch was until a few years ago. When my FIL first entered the nursing home, I noticed how much the older people would reach out for my attention. I am not one that is comfortable with stranger touching. Even at church, there are those people who are natural huggers but don't always take into consideration, their audience.

I could hug my own family forever and do, There have been times I have hugged people I have just met - it came natural and I felt it was the thing to do but it is a different world. There are still people that want to touch a pregnant women's belly -these days being pregnant can be a dangerous thing. You might be safer to just let everyone think you have added more than a few pounds and have lost your ability to push yourself away from the table.

Going back to the nursing home, maybe because the VA is 99% men - the few times I have been grabbed have freaked me out. I am sure they meant no harm and just wanted a little human contact but I was the wrong person for that job. I pray for the staff - what a job they have.

My layout for my class had to be about Morgan and Mommy's hair. This weekend at the yard sale with so much coming and going - she had a hold of her mommy's hair alot. Funny what comforts us. Sometimes all we need is a little touch...