you just never know...


I said something about taking some pictures on her birthday but never, ever expected that she would agree. I don't know what got into her but it sure felt like it was my birthday. She is absolutely gorgeous - I have been asked, This is Your girl?. DH and I always say this is what happens when ugly people mate. When she was a teen and we were at the mall, I would see young and old men stare at her and yesterday at the mall, it happened twice again. I can't tell you how happy I was taking these and when I got home,downloaded my chip - I couldn't believe the shots I had.
Whille I am not lying about my grown up beauty, I did tell a lie yesterday. In my own defense, I was caught off guard. Maybe it wasn't exactly a lie but if I would be able to do it over, knowing the answer would not be popular, I would have been blunt and honest. As I thought about it, I realize that we lie for main different reasons, not always just for our own benefit. I am not shocked at how easy lying is. How fast is rolls off the tongue and its own justification, not far behind. I don't think all lies are wrong or that you could go through life never telling a lie. You also can lie to make others feel better - that is not healthy either.
I wish I could take my own lying pulse and record when I lie and why. I might feel better about myself...or not. I even find myself telling my gks the Truth and sometimes that gets me in trouble. So as I don't see my taking the lying test, I want to be aware of when I am less than honest and what that costs to myself and others. There has to be a balance and I am still looking for it. Reminding myself that life is a process not a destination - I stop looking for the finish line and just look where I am going. As for today, it was FABulous and that is no lie!...