no words...


Nine days ago, their oldest son graduated from high school
24 hours later, he was gone - along with his two brothers and his dad.
Gone in a moment, leaving their mom and sister to find the strength to go on.
Seven days later, the four hearses are lined up at the the church.
Parking lots are overflowing at two off site churches
and across the street at the middle school.
We are not the same religion but grief has no religion
I sat in the school parking lot as the funeral started and prayed for them. The tears came so quickly.
I prayed that God would saturate their hearts, their grief and bring them overflowing comfort.
25 minutes after the funeral started, there were still cars looking for parking places
so I left.
Stopped and got a coke and headed for my church, about a mile down the road.
I prayed the same prayers in the near - empty parking lot.
We are all in this life together. Religion can't keep us apart. I grieved with them
with my whole heart.
The serenity prayer, adopted by AA, was part of a sermon written as early as 1934
I never knew there was a second verse, until today.
Living one day at a time
Enjoying one moment at a time
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with You, forever in the next.
Sounds like good preaching to me, no matter who you are...