work in progress...


I could never be a contracter/builder. I am into instant gratification. I hate this part of the construction - half up and half to go. It is unattractive. It just seems like it is in limbo. That it won't be of any use until it is decorated, the furniture is in place and the pictures are on the wall.
I have a hard time with a work being in progress.
I realized that translates in my Real Life. Sometimes when I am not at the Top of my Game, it is because I have forgotten that I am a work in progress. I can live to be 200 years old and I will never be decorated, have my furniture in place and all the pictures in the wall. This just dawned on me today. I see my weeds, half finished construction and my unattractive exterior when what I want is a perfectly gorgeous building that I and others can admire. If I have to imagine myself in this unfinished state for all my days on this earth, two things could happen.
I could spend the rest of my days being mad and repulsed at my state of being. Always wanting what is not possible, not accepting my limitations and presenting a false self could be a way of life if I wanted to choose it. My other option would be to see what I am and accept it. Accept that this side of heaven, there will be weeds and windows without glass. I would have to delay having the beautiful building with all extras, for now. Learning to live with being a work in progress is a tough thing to face but this picture of a soon-to-be bank will remind me of what is Now and what is possible, Later.
It's about embracing What is and looking forward to What will be. Can one really learn to love a work in progress? I'm sure going to try...