lipstain...



I think I have worn lipstick maybe 5 times in my life. Can't tell you what the occasion but it wasn't my wedding or childbirth. In was in my early teens and it didn't last very long. While I understand that women have been wearing lipstick for thousands of years and its importance is not lost of me, I can't STAND the feel of it.

It is another texture issue with me. It is the same issue with makeup. I can't stand to feel it. Just sitting there, on top of my skin. Separate but trying desperately to fit in. I have the same relationship with paint. Have been considering painting my kitchen cabinets black but want the wood to show through so I would really only consider stripping them down and staining them black. I want the wood to show through. I want the stain to become a part of the cabinet not just sit on top. Just like the cabinets, the idea of staining my lips appeals to me. The stain becomes a part of me.

While the boys go fishing on Wednesday, Miss M, mommy and me will hit the mall in search of the elusive lipstain and give it a try. They might even make a sale - love being a girl but it has to fit. Like everything else, it has to have value. Remembering those high heels years..and the hot pants, what was I thinking? Maybe that is why the idea of a tattoo is alluring. It becomes a part of you - not something that will rub off or fade. It is the Real Deal. Explains alot...