generations...



We had a sleepover last week as kind of a last hurrah before school starts today. As I always do when we have these sleepovers, I couldn't sleep and watched their angelic faces as they slept, Keaton was closest to me and I just started praying for him as he starts 5th grade. My thoughts quickly took a turn and I found myself thinking about his grandchildren.

It was during a baptism of the son of good friends of ours that I got the idea to pray for the generations ahead of us. It had never occurred to me before. Praying for those I will probably or most likely, will ever know. It is a wonderful experience and as I pray for the spouses of my grandkids, I am thrilled as well. But last Thursday night wasn't about spouses. I could see Keaton kissing the heads of him grandchildren. I could see him quietly, teaching them to ride a bike or watching them at the park. I told his grandkids that they would be in the best hands and would have all the Love they could ever need. This boy to whom being kind is second nature. He can't help himself. He helps his sister and always offers hugs. He will give up (insert most anything here) for Morgan and Gage. If there isn't enough, he always offers to give up his portion. That is just him.

In the darkness of night, I told Story after Story to these wonderful little people that I will never get to hug but I still feel so close to. Secretly, I know how having him in their life will give them the courage to be the same to their families. It really is a privledge to think beyond what I can see to what may be. As I watched that sleeping face, I realize he is growing up quickly and all I can do is ride the Journey with him. If that isn't good stuff, don't know what is...