Happy BDay Gage...



There are lots and lots of Gage's birthday pictures. The first batch was taken on his real birthday which was Thursday. Then a bit of a break on Friday until the family party on Saturday. I could have shown you pictures of him blowing out the candles on his Star Trek/Tiki cake or playing in the water of just hangin out but this is the picture that tells the Gage Story.

He didn't want us to sing the HB song. The real one, the one we all sing to each other on many occasions. He wanted sung to one of his favorite songs which we could do. Thanks to RockBand, another of his favorites is Pat Benatar's, Hit Me With Your Best Shot. I did work on trying to make that come true but to no avail. We should have just played Pat's song and sung the HB song as loud as we could and called it good. Will remember that for his next birthday. One of his other favorite music pieces right now is Rich Mullins, Awesome God. Imagine trying to teach that to the whole family.

Nothing quite explains Gage quite like this photo. He's got Game, literally. Notice he is playing his new Ghostbuster DS game (thank you nana) on a pink DS. He didn't care for one minute that is was pink. It was the only DS around. Had there been options, he might have decided against the pink but in this Moment, pink might as well have been blue. He wanted to move hsi party right along to the gift-opening part and was quite patient in attempts to get there quickly. He was not diappointed. I think he got everything he asked for, a bit more. Gage being seven is unlike most others being seven. He is a smart kid, He is a thinker. We have had and I expect to have many more deep conversations about God and how He works. Gage loved the Old Man (John McCann) and didn't take Obama's win in stride. He sees black and white. He doesn't like the concept of unfairness. That is one I can't wait for us to get into.

He makes me think. About what I believe and why I believe it. Sometimes, he makes life seem so simple. So cut and dry, makes me wish I had of thought of it. In a week, he will be headed for first grade. I am praying for his teacher. He/She better have their stuff together. I imagine they have had few kids like this boy and if they are up for a challenge, they may just learn something - like I have. Believe me, it is so well worth the time. You will never be the same again...