remembering...



I have expressed my love of icons. Those that have pointed me in the right direction. Whether in word, or physical shape or a real live person - I try desperately to remember who I am.

One thing I do is to use lower case when writing my name. Obviously one can't when using a credit card but in most of my email doings, lower case. It isn't about being a snob, it is for me. A reminder that I am small and He is big. Notice all my I's, are capitalized here? The irony is not lost on me. Maybe it should be. There is comfort in at least one aspect of my life, I get it and if only for a short period every day, I still get it.

From the day my DD got married, over 12 years ago, I vowed that when talking to my SIL about my girl, I would always refer to her as, his wife. It was a reminder to me that she was a married woman now and though she would always, always be my little girl, that she was his wife first. Now she is my gbabies mommy and if you don't think it hasn't been hard to tell the kids yes when she has said no... but she is their mom and I respect her wishes. I admit there has been some brow beating but I have caved when she was serious. She is raising her kids in the way they should go and I want to help her as much as I can.

Lately, I thought I was suppose to wear a bracelet. Got the idea from the boys - something their church did. Those twine ones that eventually wear away. So I thought I might find one at a yard sale. Jewelry is not my thing - if I wear it, it means Something to me. However I found this little sweet one that immediately caught my eye and with a 50 cents price tag, this was it. Got it on Friday morning and by Saturday afternoon, realized it was gone. I searched the car, house but to no avail -it is gone. I am in limbo now about the bracelet. If it is meant to be, it will hound me - if not, it will just fade away. That is pretty much the way I roll. For now, my wrist is bare.

It is not always the big things that make us remember. It is the simple everyday things and I need a lot of reminding. I started the morning with the 100 thank yous to Jesus. I have a lot to be thankful for - stuff I didn't realize until today. The last few days have been a bit anxious as Keaton went with camping with a friend's family. We will all be waiting for him this afternoon when he comes home. A sort of welcoming party. He will be glad to see us. He is ten but his heart is bigger than any I know and although I am sure he had lots of fun, he missed his family and we missed his more than he will ever know. He asked if we would pray for him? Oh yeah Baby and more. Don't need a bracelet for that and by the time I do, my praying days will be gone...