vintage...



Vintage - ven/tij having an enduring appeal; high-quality, classic (such as video or computer games from the 1980s and early 1990s, or old magazines, etc.)
(attributively) of a motor car built between the years 1919 and 1930. Wikionary.

Hubby stopped at a vintage motorcycle show on the way to work on Saturday. His expectation was to see bikes built in the 40 and 50's - what he saw was 1970 bikes. Looking like vintage is in the eye of the beholder. It never would occur to me that 1970 bikes and perhaps, furniture and maybe even people might be considered vintage. Then again, what do you consider as older - vintage or antique? Antique sounds old and vintage sounds cool, to me. I would rather be thought of as vintage than an antique.

For some unknown reason, Gage ask me when he is 21, would I be able to drink Margaritas with him. I told him, I wouldn't miss it - he broke into a big grin. He doesn't care if I am an antique or vintage. After jumping on the trampoline today, I think cool about covers his perception of me right now, will see if that holds.

Prefer cool to vintage.
Prefer vintage to antique.
Prefer antique to dead.

Just a matter of perspective...