Max and Ruby...



I am watching Max and Ruby.
It is a cartoon.
I am trying to find a sense of calm and non thinking.

It is only early Monday morning but my blood is already boiling over. The mayor of a local town wnats to raises taxes on his town of 5500 people so they can think BIG and pay 5 million for a piece of land to become a golf course and another million to build a municipal swimming pool in another town. He warns that his town needs to Look Ahead and Think Forward which, from many different previous experiences means, WE ARE GOING TO SPEND YOUR MONEY.

If you have been to this town, you wonder if these 5500 people would agree that they need a golf course. Their Big Success cousin who is a stone's throw away, seems to be the model that the mayor is shooting to be like. I don't know what employment and foreclosesures look like in this little town but can't imagine that they are wayyyy better than everyone else around them.

I will admit, I come from a long line of Big Thinkers. Zig Ziglar's Dare to Be Great programwas a big deal at my house. My bio family was the epitome of thinking big and in the meantime, we went hungry on more than one occasion. Whenever I hear this theme, the hair on the back of my neck stands up and I am on high alert hence the need to watch Max and Ruby. Sometimes the realness of a cartoon can give you some-needed perspective. I needed that today. Really bad.

We need to leap when it is uncomfortable. We need to reach and stretch and grow, when it is uncomfortable. How we do that and do it right is and always will be a process for each of us. Not only in the direction of physical but more importantly, the spiritual. It is essential that we move when we should whether we understand or not but it is always in the direction of being better. Being better so we can be even better which means becoming less. When you think about it, it really does make sense for us to be more when we want less or want much, much more because of the less.

Feeling better now - a bit calmer and refocused. Whatever else crosses my path today, I think I am good. Can't tell that I did my 100 Things I am thankful for today. I was fully thankful at 4am but lost that in the next 6 hours - back on track, I am feeling hopeful and more importantly, thankful...