opportunity...



You could live next door to me. The grass is dead but the price is great. My neighbor lost her house and it is in foreclosure. She moved to the same town as DD and as she works at Walmart, I will be seeing her quite a bit, more than when she lived next door to me.

Her loss is your gain. For $79,000, you could get 1230 square feet. Three bedrooms, 2baths. Nice patio, shed and two car garage. The lawn will come back...or not, but at that price, it is a steal. Did I mention, you would also get to live next door to me?

At first, that may not seem like a positive but let's review the perks!

photos of your family/kids/seniors,
most always have sugar, eggs and Diet Coke,
and when you go on vacation, I will pick up your mail.

Perhaps not a comprehensive or most desirable neighbor list but really, what do you really want in a neighbor? I heard a bunch of commotion in the back yard from the neighbor on the other side and wondered if Neighbor Mike was back from his extended California stay...and he is. You can always tell when Neighbor Mike is around.

Sounds like a great real estate opportunity to me. Now, if you want grass, the house across the street from this one is also for sale. No foreclosure, those neighbors have already bought a house in Arizona but after more than a few months of being for sale, still nothing. It is a bit smaller - I have been in all these houses. As DH always says, She makes friends wherever she goes. That is a good thing - living next door to me would be plus - maybe I should get ahold of the realtor and share that selling point with him. If you go 3 houses more down ffom Neighbor # 2, there is another house for sale. Cute but after being at a yard sale there, it would cost quite a bit to get the smoke smell out. One of my cardinal rules, it not to buy anything from a yard sale where smokers live because it has been my experience that you can't get the smell out and if you are not a smoker, well it is just not worth it.

There are 3 other houses for sale on my street. Counting both sides of the street there are 22-24 houses. I can't remember ever having this many houses for sale or empty at the same time but we haven't been in times like these for a long time. When I saw my old neighbor at Walmart, she asked me if the house had sold. She felt bad about the yard. She said she thought she would be at her job forever and never, ever thought she would lose her house and have to move in with her daughter and granddaugher. She didn't see it coming.

So here we are. If you don't want to live right next door, you have options but what's not to love? I promise I will never invite you to a Tupperware party or try to sell you, Avon products. I'll visit when I mow the lawn or see you as we come and go or if you knock on my door - that's it, you have my word.

On second thought...maybe you should stay where you are at. Maybe we make better friends if we don't live next door. There were people over there looking it over. They were in the back yard and spent a good amount of time there. Maybe it is already sold and not available. Maybe I have new neighbors and DON'T KNOW IT yet. If they think the house it great, wait until they meet me. Lord, please help them!