failure...



My idea of what failure looks like has changed over the years. That was a surprise I didn't see coming and I didn't expect failure to ever have an upside. WE are better people when we acknowledge that failure can be a learning tool and not just another self esteemer tearer downer. Not so much about not being able to do something as much as to find a way that does work. Our default is wallow in self pity with the perception that our idea was was not the right idea.

It is normal to think that but a waste of time if you leave your thought there. If you don't dust off your ego and keep going. These days, I almost thrive in failure. I no longer see if as the enemy but as one step closer because now I know what doesn't work - lets you move on to find something that does.

When failure takes us down, it is as if we live in a bubble. Isolated, alone and unable to see the Big Picture and preparing to be stagnant. When failure is allowed to thrive, you are able to dust yourself off and move on. What a concept, wish I could have learned it sooner.

Whether cooking, money management, parenting or jsut being a decent human being - we each have room for improvement. We never arrive and failure just helps point the way Home...