delight...



Finished Dan Allender's, The Sabbath last week and trying to wrap my head around rethinking the whole Sabbath concept. I am a reactionary person. Happy, sad, glad or mad - are the way I feel in any given circumstance. Trying to learn the state of being in delight, has been a bit difficult. I tried last night for a long, long time to attempt to get there and failed miserably. Allender talks about being delighted in Sabbath for what it is, not for what we have learned we should be doing or not doing on that day. Different from gratitude, I think delight is something you have to own and maybe that is where I am getting hung up.

Like those who wish for world peace. There can be no dumber human thought than to think that this side of heaven, world peace is possible.

I wish for world peace... It's would be like wishing that elephants could fly, if we all just wished it so. Read Genesis, things start to go bad real fast and world peace is pretty much out the door at the Garden.

But, this is what I do know. When you are trying to unlearn Something and learn Something new, it takes time. Just like an athlete, you have do warm up. You need to flex, loosen up, stretch and then, get into the game. Last night, I forgot to warm up. I learned something and I am ready to try again.

Not sure how this is all going to look but hoping is short order, to have a better idea of how to delight without having to react. How to delight when it seems impossible and how to delight because that is what the Sabbath is all about and that is where my head is at right now...