one on one...




Meeting my lunch companion today and knowing that a big bowl of Tomato Bisque soup awaits, is enough to make me swoon. Add a stimulating conversation where you come home needing to look up a particular parable, is just a added bonus.

I adore parables. Little Stories with Big Meaning. This one from Luke tells about the father whose children has already gone to bed and a man came asking for something to eat. and the father tells the man, The door is locked, my children are all down for tonight, I can't get up to give you anything.

The parable goes on as the man is persistent and comes back, persistently so, to ask for bread. Then the familiar, Ask and you will get, seek and you will find, knock and the door will open. Sunday school teachers that the man asking for food is us. What if... we are the children that God has safely tucked inside? What if we have misinterpreted the parable. Don't know about you but it certainly changes my perception of not only the Story but God Himself. Imagine what else we may need to look at with new eyes, to see beyond what we can see with only our tunnel vision.

I learned this about myself today. Not only do I love to learn, I love to do it one on one. Put me in a big group, and I start to lose perspective. I want to go beyond what I can see to what is possible. Not putting God nor His word in a box. One on one refreshes me. I walk away yearning for more. I probably knew this but today, it clicked. Don't know about you but any time I get another piece of My own puzzle, it is a good day.

Imagine, I am the child, locked up safely in my bed with God watching over me. No need to worry or fret... how does that look in my life right now? Tells me I am not as smart as I think I am and much more loved than I could ever imagine...