focus...




While not officially summer, it is emotionally, already here. Had the Moment a few weeks ago when the sun was shining and the Beach Boys were rocking the van. There has not been a year since 1969 that the Beach Boys haven't started my summer. The older I get, the stronger it gets. Had I have had the funds, I would have picked up Brandi and the kids and headed to the beach...some 1800 miles away.

A week after my BB Moment, I had the opportunity to talk to someone who lived in the same city as I did, except more recently. While I know in my head that I can't go back to the carefree days of 1969, I needed to hear how much it has changed. What I remember is gone, no where to be found - only in my head. What I am missing is just plain gone. I do understand that when I feel this way it is as a 17 year old. That may be part of the Moment, remembering what was and that I can't go back.

I have focused enough time on the summer of 1969 but not sure where to go from here. Like these pics at Gage's ball game this weekend. What am I focusing on and how does it change what I think, or more importantly, what I do? I need to be in charge of the focus, much like when I take a picture. I need to decide where to look and what to look for. The cobwebs of winter are gone and I should be able to think clearly. I am hoping for some clarity to kick in soon...