focus...

"Focus" Title Package from North Point Media on Vimeo.



My friend Cheryl has her daughter's wedding coming up in a few weeks. I can remember being in her shoes. Every thought was wedding-related and since sleep was no longer on my radar, that was a 24/7 thought. Some thoughts have a natural shelf life and leave on their own. Once you order cake, flowers, food and music - that part is done and you go on to the next phase. No longer worried about who and how much, you move on with the same cast of characters to them showing up and in one piece.

The nature of focus for us is as varied as color of cars. From one extreme to the next, the who, what, where and why of focus is one place where we can't agree. Our experiences and perceptions make how we each focus, a game all our own.

Wish I was more well-rounded in this area but when I get in lock down mode, my brain acts just like the video. With my mind racing, sleep is no longer a option or consideration. I get in these modes that have a life of their own and I am at their mercy until they have run their natural course, which is usually, sunrise.

I offered Cheryl a bit of advice, Take a few days off after the wedding for yourself. It was good advice given to me and I hope she can, however that may look to her. Time to get off the mind treadmill, give the thought fairies a rest. Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...