working for you...



"This better work"
... is probably the opposite of, "this might work."

"This better work," is the thinking of safety, of proven, of beyond blame.

"This might work," on the other hand, is the thinking of art, innovation and insight
.
Seth Godin

This spoke to me because I have been on both sides. These words and more importantly, attitudes have been prevalent in my life for many different reasons but if I really think about it - TMW has got me further than TBW.

Taking it one step further, there is a whole body/mind shift attached to each camp. One has a stifling, accusing, youbettergetthisright mode and the other, allows for failure as growth. If you apply this to only a few areas in your life, you can immediately see how, depending on which camp you subscribe to.

I find that just a slight change in perception can make my day go from dark to light...and visa verse which the only change being, my perception. Where does perception come from? It can come from outside or inside sources. It can come from a comment or a thought. An image or piece of artwork. A song, can take you to anywhere you have ever been, be it good or not so good.

Perception is not always honest yet we give it the power of pure truth. Our mood can go from A to Z in a heartbeat. This week I have surprised myself but not going into a big hissy fit. Our shower has a crack that can not be fixed and must be replaced. Insurance will not cover any of the cost. If only the toilet had overflowed and cracked the tub. Sudden water damage would have been covered, imagine that. We are less than 1 1/2 from retirement mode and this added expense will put us back a bit. My MO is to go ballistic, ranting and raving as I go and perceiving like Chicken Little, that the sky is falling. Maybe I am growing up but I am ready to get it done and move on. What will be, will be.

And that... is working for me. Perception has made all the difference this week. Wow, shine a light indeed.