pretty good day...



By last night, the iTunes announcement had been cracked and it was all over but the shouting which you would have heard if you were within a mile of my house.

Spent the morning going through every album and listening to songs I haven't heard in age. We have got many of the albums but to hear them remastered is a absolute thrill. Watching some fo the concert footage and the whole visual that iTunes brought, the virtual black out with a bit of color was outstanding. In part of the 1964 concert footage, the announcer said americans found great happiness after great sadness after the assination of JFK with the Beatles coming to America. I remember the Ed Sullivan show like it was just. We all sat around the TV and someone past out from excitement (not me!) Little did we know then what was in store.

Trying to figure out how to explain to Santa that this would worth carrying around in his sled! Maybe I should appeal to his sense of history, of handing the collection down to the generations to come. Will have to work on it.

Speaking of that generation, I hope they get their Moment. I know it won't look like mine but Someday when they are my age, I want them to be able to relive that excitement. Music is a lot like Christmas, you get to be a kid again if only for a short time but a short time is all you need, if you do it right,

best.day.ever.... I actively make it a point to injest this thought everyday because try as I may, being in the Moment doesn't come naturally. It is just that Somedays are better than others. John, Paul, George and Ringo... Steve Jobs and iTunes, thanks you all...

PS. Just a reminder, back up your iTunes library frequently. You just never know.