snow angels...



I believe in them just as if I was related to one...

Had to run to the store today in less than stellar condition but once I got in and among my earthly peeps, it was better. As I wandered around the store, trying to get enough diverse things to get us through the next few days in case that Big Storm does start this afternoon, I tried to be mindful of those around me.

Have got to admit, there were a few who might not fit into any angel category - like the woman with the handicapped sign who was in such a hurry, she came this close to running over an slow, elderly woman but there was an angel there. The elderly woman had one and probably never knew it.

We don't usually think much about angels except at Christmas. Our Christmas music is full of them and for the most part, it is the picture of a naked, chubby baby-like creature that kind of floats around doing good. I have come to believe that is not the case.

I think angels look more like warriors. I think they may even have battle scars although they would never admit it. They do their thing and most of the time, we are totally oblivious and that is fine with them. If we acknowledge them, I think they smile. A warrior-kind of smile.

We are like little kids, going about our business, willy nilly. Then a close call comes. Something that gets our attention, something we escape and are very glad we did. Imagine there may have been an angel close by.

Awareness is a choice. It is not a natural default. The more you practice it, the better you get at it. Might be worth a try, never know what you might be missing...