the wear and tear of Real Life...



The phone started ringing at 8am and 12 hours later, I have received a total of 16 political-based calls. It is enough to make one crazy and I told the last caller at 816PM Something to that effect.

Week after week, we all have a personal routine. If you have kids, you know the drill. School, homework, sports, church, whatever it is that has captured your time. Vacation is overrated. You can't wait for the hopes of a getaway or you will never make it. The longer I live, the more I think vacations are for making memories, and using them as a way to distress is a inappropriate use. We have to value and find ways to weather the storms of everyday life, everyday.There are magazines filled with ideas and most of them will work for someone.

We all have to find a way to refresh, in the Moment. Doesn't have to take much time or cost any money. Maybe the most important thing you can do for yourself is smile. Find something that makes you smile. A few minutes of music can make one a new person. I played the Hallelujah chorus on my iPod tonight and I was smiling and soaring in no time. I started listen to Christmas music last week. Not Jingle Bells or It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas, but, The Young Messiah. One of my favorite pieces of music that reminds me of the Big Picture. A few minutes in and I was thinking, it's the best.day.ever.

I say this because I am not a natural optimist. I have to relearn it everyday. When you know your strengths and weaknesses and are willing to look them straight in the eye, there are no surprises. Get what you get and don't throw a fit, is a great way to live because it puts life in perspective.

I use to think I could do it all, Now, I know how insane that was and how that thinking that was more dangerous than actually living it. Life after the Garden may be less than ideal but it is doable and that is all any of us can ask for...