Black Heels, Tractor Wheels...




Preorder months ago, Saturday afternoon my book arrived in the mail and it was midnite when I settled in for a bit of reading and two hours later, all was right with the world. I knew the Story, I had spent months reading Pioneer Women's Story, blog post by blog post. She would leave you hanging but you had a piece of her that you carried around with you and shared with your friends. I knew the cast, and I knew the outcome, yet I couldn't put it down.

It is my favorite love Story, ever. I am no Ree and DH is no Marlboro Man, so while there may be a bit of longing, I wouldn't trade Stories with her. My wedding and reception Story may be publishing fodder with my atheist family and his latter day saints bunch. My uncle was going around trying to get money from everyone, I had no idea at the time. The evening ended after we left and my male relatives, well past drunk by now, decided they really did not like new husband and they tried to go after us and bring me back. Stepmother hid keys, and put an end to that plan. Could you write a book about one night? Oh my, imagine that.

Ree's Story will bring back those feelings of early love. The crazy kind that may look different to each of us but there is a familiarity that we can all identify with. You add her brother Mike, her sister Betsy, her wonderful soon-to-be MIL and you have a Story that rivals, Gone With The Wind. Rhett and Scarlett, McDreamy and Grey, and Popeye and Olive Oyl have nothing on Ree and Marlboro Man. Still, I wouldn't trade her places for all the money in the world. I wouldn't miss the life I have, or the people I have been giving to love but there is just Something about a great Love Story that makes most of us, just swoon and this is that kind of Story. Do yourself a favor, take a trip down BHTW lane...