the Jesus recipe...


Becoming a Christian might look more like falling in love than baking cookies. Now don’t get me wrong. I am not saying that in order for a person to know Jesus they must get a kind of crush on Him. But what I am suggesting is that, not unlike any other relationship, a person might need to understand that Jesus is alive, that He exists, that He is God, that He is in authority, that we need to submit to Him, that He has the power to save, and so on and so on, all of which are ideas, but ideas entangled in a kind of relational dynamic. This seems more logical to me because if God made us, wants to know us, then this would require a more mysterious interaction than what would be required by following a kind of recipe.Donald Miller.

Falling asleep. Heard a Story about someone's friend who before coming to Jesus, described going to sleep at nighte as a big, black hole thing. The implication was after coming to Jesus, it went away. I have a slight problem with those kind of Stories, they may happen that way but it smacks of a fear factor to me. Some of us didn't have that experience. For some of us, being a non-believer was much easier than being a believer. Better, no but no horror Story surrounds it. My experience, being raised an athesist, was far from that. I never thought I was missing Something. Never felt God. Never lost one night's sleep because of the darkness of the night., never.

Does that mean He wasn't there? Absolutely not but if we are going on feelings and black holse, we have to be honest. Is it easier to be a believer? No. Do the fears, go away? No. Is it worth saying all those prayers, reading all those parables, trying daily to love your fellow man? ABSOLUTELY. I wouldn't trade it for the world but I have got to be honest, one can be completely and utterly comfortable, until Jesus comes knocking at your door. Until He knocks so loud, you hear him. Then, you have to make a decision. Then the ball, is in your court...