giddy...


After the Mark Schultz concert, we decided that Keaton was old enough to start coming with us and would buy him a ticket to the next event. No Greater Love is a annual Easter pageant done by a local church complete with hundreds of people, live animals and sense of the true meaning of Easter. He is very excited to go and was sharing his news with his other grandmother. She told him she would like to go. Never in my wildest dreams did I think she would be interested and had bought the assigned seat tickets a week ago.

I offered to give my ticket to Grandma Sue. She has never been and I am just giddy at the thought of her going. She has come to all Keaton and Gage's Christmas and Easter programs at church and has been very supportive. She has asked for prayers when life has thrown her curveballs that she couldn't catch. There was NO Way that she wasn't going if she was interested. Even though our tickets were assigned seating, I thought it was worth a shot to see if they had any adjoining tickets on either side of ours. We are in Section C, Row J and Seats 10, 11 and 12. I called Select A Seat and guess what? Seats 13 and 14 were available. There is a good chance that Bebe (her SIL) is going too. Bebe, Keaton and I hooked up a few years ago and saw Bill Gaither when he came thru. There were tears in Bebe's eyes - she had grown up in Virginia with this kind of music. I will never forget that night that we shared - if Bill comes back to town, the three of us have a standing date.

You never know how God is going to work and I don't know how they will react. What I do know is that I have known these guys for more than 10 years and my prayers for them have never stopped. It is a cumulative labor of Love lead by these wonderful boys. God has used them in a marvelous way. Whatever happens, we will all be sitting together and as the age old Story of Easter is played out before us, we will share it. As the crowds of people start down the aisle and scream for Barrabas to be released, it is a powerful visual of what it might have been like among them. When Jesus is nailed to the cross and you hear the nails being pounded in his hands, you could hear a pin drop. We will all walk away different than when we came in. For Keaton , Grandma Sue and Bebe, it will be the first time. They will each walk away with Jesus knocking at the door of their hearts. I am leaving them all to Him who knows then better than I. I am just glad I get to sit next to them...