Breaking News...





I long ago gave up network news for cable news. Network news is much like a newspaper - 24 hours old and old news. Cable news is like the internet, on top of it and ready to go.


My daughter and her family passed their local Walmart the other night about 730PM and it was obvious that something Big was going on. Not one to wait until the local 10Pm news, she got on the internet and found our that someone had left a bomb threat in a restroom. That is the way the 30 ish generation gets their information these days. The Brian Williams, Charlie Gibson and Katie Couric viewers are late 60 and early 70's. I would venture that these journalists will be out of jobs as their generation of viewers goes to the great network in the skies.


My only complain of the cable networks is that virtually Everything is BREAKING NEWS. Not unlike the Boy Who Cried Wolf, there really is very little need to heed their warning anymore. The BREAKING NEWS has been so over-played, that any usefulness it ever had is gone. There is no balance and there is no credibility. Personally, I have become mute to BREAKING NEWS now. BREAKING NEWS - it snowed again today just like the last 5 days !!!!!

My local news that I watched primarily as a lead-in to Jay Leno, uses a different yet equally unsatisfactory technique.


YOU WILL ONLY SEE IT HERE !!!!!


News is not exclusive and shouldn't be. Everytime I see this I want to slap them because basically, they are the best around. They are better than that. We just buried 3 local men who lost their lives in Iraq. Is that Something you would be proud of putting your little motto to?


Here is My BREAKING NEWS ( and it is all over the news as I type)... Waiting for the Anna Nicole funeral to begin but her mother has filed an 11th hour appeal and the hearse holding the body of Anna Nicole is sitting in front of the church 1/2 hour after the funeral was to begin until her mother's appeal is heard.


YOU WILL ONLY SEE IT HERE... Any mother who would bring her child's funeral to a screaming halt at the very moment of the beginning of the service should be dealt with by Someone other than me. Someone with more compassion. Someone who can deal with her because He made her. I hope she will see what she is doing to her family and as for Anna Nicole, Rest in Peace, my friend, hopefully and finally today...