runway model...


Not by choice but I needed someone and he did have his Eric Clapton shirt on. We were scouting different locations in town for future photo opportunities and he obligized.
He has been obligizing me for 35 years now. Not a job for the faint at heart. He has not always done it with the gusto and enthusiasm that are in my expectation range but in his own way. He is not a gusto kind of guy - that is why he has me. We are total opposites in most things - in our case, definitely, opposites attract and even endure.
We are planning now for his retirement in a little less than 4 years and photography is emerging as our common interest. He was into photography in college and is proficient with a 35 mm camera and knows his way around a darkroom. I, on the other hand didn't become obsessed with photography until I found out I was going to be a nana. His portfolio is full of nature and landscape shots - mine is full of teens in front of old buildings and the faces of the three cutest kids you have ever seen. I know nothing about film and he knows nothing about actions. Yet, there is an excitement that is surrounding both of us.
We had a FABulous time toodling around town - jumping out of the car to take test shots. He stood in front of old buildings while I took the shot then he would take the camera and take the shot that he saw, in his mind. My runway model - these pictures are him. I love that they captured his essense.
We are making plans for the future but fully aware that it is about enjoying this time together. He works quite a bit so these times of him, having a life, are precious to both of us.He spends alot of his life living vicariously thru me. When it comes home from work, I give him a running commentary on the day's news and the current events of his grandchildren. He looks forward to my Stories. Even if I do say so myself, I can be as entertaining as annoying. 35 years together, boy is he a lucky man...