the simpler the better...


I wish I could remember that about 20 times a day. Not only am I a happier person when I do but I think the world around me is too. The ex Mrs Paul McCartney has told the court she NEEDS $20,ooo a day to live -she would do well to look at downsizing her world.
The simple act of running around the yard is a heavenly delight when you are 2. If you are wearing a cowboy hat, a tutu and cowboy boots - you hardly notice but you make your mother and nana, extremely happy. We can't see your face but we know what it looks like. Your cheeks are cherry red and there is a big smile on your face. You could run around the tree in the yard for hours and having your brother to chase, just makes it that much better.
Not long after this picture was taken, we found ourselves locked out of the house. Good thing we could get in the backyard until your daddy came home. The kids from next door came over, took pity on us and brought cookies and pretzels to share. We played baseball, went up and down the slide and pushed you guys on the swing. For about 50 minutes, we all lived a pretty simple life. Although we would not choose to be locked out and we missed karate lessons, it was a perfect day to enjoy the sun and each other.
For some of us, not being about to use the bathroom was a problem, for others, it was not. No simple plan is perfect. Nothing ever is but it is at these times that we come as close as we ever will. Your daddy finally came home and I RAN for the bathroom, Feeling much better, I grabbed a drink and headed back outside. Nothing to do now but head for home. I gave kisses all around and opted to head out into rush hour traffic. Back to reality - 500Pm traffic will do that to you but as I drove, I thought about my day and I can't imagine spending it any other way.
After I picked Keaton up from school the other day he was telling me about his day and we started talking about his upcoming Disney trip...My dreams came true, I can't believe it. That's what Disney says - if you follow your dreams, they come true and mine did... Jesus says the same thing in a little different way. Such a simple concept with such big results...